A date with animals - The London Zoo

Saturday 5 October 2013

You may be a bit surprised with the topic of this post but believe me a visit to the zoo can be as refreshing for adults as it is for children. After all we all have a little child in us hidden somewhere deep inside. Anyway the real purpose of myself heading towards the zoo was the digital SLR camera I had just bought and what could be a better place than the famous London zoo to practice my photographic skills.



London zoo houses a collection of 755 species of animals, with 16,802 individuals, making it one of the largest collections in the United Kingdom. It is situated in central London at the northern edge of Regent's Park.
I started my tour with an encounter to our ancestors, the gorillas. The gorilla kingdom is home to a group of western lowland gorillas, and consists of a large, moated island with an indoor gym for the gorillas to use.




Not very far from that place were a group of miniature monkey naughtily jumping around the trees and I managed to get some candid shots of them.








Next on display was a very ornamental bird. Not very sure of it's species but I managed to catch a good shot it dancing around.





You can see on right there is a zoo keeper doing a show with a hawk.








And look at this portrait of this pretty little bird. I consider this my best shot on this trip but do let me know what do you think of this.









Our good old Giraffe!












Where are they all looking?

You too?










 And finally it was time to wrap up my trip with a tour of the aquarium. This aquarium has been in the zoo since 1853 and this was world's first public aquarium. In fact the word aquarium originated at London zoo itself.















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lazy Traveller © 2013