Life at Coventry

Friday 12 April 2013


This was 2001 and my long time dream of working abroad (and hence travelling) had been finally fulfilled. I was deputed at Coventry, UK on a humongous UK govt. project and had around 50 other colleagues from India who arrived at Coventry too in due course of time. Being my first even travel or stay in any foreign country even small small things like a musician playing at city center used to enthralling me. Luckily my office was right in the heart of Coventry city center and my house was at a walking distance from city center. I used to encounter various musical shows and events while travelling to my office.

Kid's Dance - City Center

I came across this magical kid's dance performance just in front of the Godiva statue while walking in the city center one fine afternoon. I guess it was an adapted form of Ballet. Just notice the poise and the confidence of the children adorned in colorful dresses. Having encountered such a magnificent performance in a such a casual way completely bowled me over. 

Kit Festival - War Memorial Park

These pictures are from a Kite festival in progress at the war memorial park. I have participated in various kite festivals at India but this one was different. First of all look at the vast green space surrounded by dense trees which give you ample space to play around and experiment with the kites. Secondly the variety of kites being used was pretty amazing. Look at the kite below and you will understand what I mean to say. One of the kites being used by the flier was so huge that he literally got pulled up for a few meters up in the air.

Not sure whether this kite festival is still continuing but will definitely plan to be there next time with a kite of my own (although all my attempts to fly a kite have failed so far :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lazy Traveller © 2013